NORTH CAROLINA BOYS CHOIR + NORTH CAROLINA GIRLS CHOIR ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE JANUARY- FEBRUARY AUDITIONS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS.
AUDITIONS ARE LOW KEY AND NON-INTIMIDATING. THE MUSIC DIRECTORS AND THE BOARD LEADERSHIP ARE ALL PARENTS, SO WE UNDERSTAND. NO ADVANCE PREPARATION OF MUSIC MATERIAL IS REQUIRED.
FOR OUR BEGINNING CHOIR, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BASIC MUSIC ABILITY, AND WILL TEACH YOUR CHILD THE REST IN THE TRAINING CHOIR UPON ACCEPTANCE. FOR MORE ADVANCED SINGERS, WE HAVE SEVERAL OPENINGS IN OUR ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL CONCERT AND PRIMA CHOIRS.
For boys and girls who love to sing!
The North Carolina Boys Choir and The North Carolina Girls Choir are arts organizations for boys and girls between the ages of six and eighteen. They perform in concerts throughout the area and take part in wider opportunities with other choirs. As the girls and boys advance within the choir, they study progressively more challenging music, are provided with educational opportunities; and travel locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad for performances.
More than just a choir . . .
The North Carolina Boys Choir and the North Carolina Girls Choir educate and train girls and boys in the art of performing the finest music in the choral tradition. Through musical training and choral experiences, the girls and boys develop an appreciation of a wide range of choral literature. They gain self-confidence and poise, develop leadership and teamwork skills, and acquire self-discipline and self-respect. They bond with other girls and boys who share their love of music.
How to join . . .
We plan to hold our January-February 2020 Auditions:
- February 2020 Saturdays:
Saturday, February 1 at 9 AM and 11 AM
Saturday, February 8 at 9 AM and 11 AM
Saturday, February 22 at 9 AM and 11 AM
Saturday, February 29 at 9 AM and 11 AM
- January-February 2020 Mondays:
Monday, January 27 at 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM
Monday, February 3 at 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM
Monday, February 10 at 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM
Monday, February 24 at 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM
Public auditions are held at Fellowship Hall, Binkley Memorial Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. (The corner of Willow Drive and 15/501)
- At the auditions, girls and boys and their parents will have an opportunity to observe rehearsals. Winter 2020 audition dates listed above are open to public. This is a drop-in/walk-in process, and no advanced notice is required.
- No formal preparation of singing material or prior singing experience is required. A simple pitch, tone, rhythm check will be done by one of our Choir Directors.
- For our training choir, we are looking for boys and girls with a pleasant singing voice, interest in music, and a basic music ability.
- Each audition lasts approximately 10-15 minutes.
If you feel that your child is more comfortable to audition in a one-to-one setting, or if you missed one of our formal audition dates, please contact us to arrange for an individual audition.
Contact email for auditions is: email@example.com.