The 2020 choral season will roll out with our free half-day music camp and choral workshop in Chapel Hill on:
- Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Our North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir half-day camp and workshop is open to public (all children in our community between 7 and 13 years of age).
- Saturday, January 11, 2020; 9 AM – 12 Noon
- 1712 Willow Dr., Chapel Hill NC 27514. (Corner of 15-501 and Willow Dr. at Binkley Baptist Church).
- NCBC September workshop will be held at the Choir’s usual rehearsal space at the Fellowship Hall (entrance to the Hall is on the side of the Binkley building).
The camp requirements are simple:
- Open to all Triangle area boys and girls (7-13 years old).
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classical vocal techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music.
- We have professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities planned for each day. The camp and workshop will be led by the experienced choir staff.
- Day Camp Duration is from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Snacks and Water are provided to all camp participants at no cost.
- The added bonus: participation in one of our half-day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition. We are always on a lookout for talented boys for our Boys Choir and girls for our Girls Choir! We listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low-key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. In our experience, this camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
- Please, fill out a short pre-registration form for January 11 camp and workshop below, so we could make appropriate logistical arrangements for our campers.
- A slightly longer registration paperwork will be available at check-in on January 11, and in the email correspondence we will send you shortly before the start of the camp.
- We, at the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir, look forward to seeing you soon!