AUGUST 27, 2022 (SATURDAY) FREE IN-PERSON SINGING WORKSHOP FOR YOUTH
A FREE three (3) hour in-person singing workshop for girls and boys will be held at the Fellowship Hall of the Binkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 9 AM.
FREE choral singing workshop will be held by the acclaimed North Carolina Boys Choir and North Carolina Girls Choir on Saturday, August 27, 2022 (9 AM – 12 PM), in the beautiful and spacious setting of the Fellowship Hall at Binkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill, NC (near University Place Mall).
Free and Open to Public (boys and girls, 7-14 years old).
Pre-registration is required. Register to attend by filling out the pre-registration form below. PLEASE, DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK “SEND” BUTTON TO SUBMIT THE FORM TO THE CHOIR.
Attendance is limited this year, so please register soon to secure your free spot. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with additional information about the Choir and logistics of this workshop.
WORKSHOP PRE-REGISTRATION FORM
- Girls and boys, ages 7 through 14, are invited to the workshop. No prior singing or music experience is required or expected for this event.
- The event will run on Saturday, August 27 from 9 AM until 12 PM.
- The workshop is a drop-off event, where kids are dropped off and checked-in by their caregivers/parents at Binkley at 9 AM with NCBC/NCGS artistic staff and then picked up at 12 PM upon completion of the event. Upon request, we will be willing to make exceptions for parents of young kids to allow chaperoning during the event.
- All music workshop materials are provided to participating children.
- Professional vocal instruction is provided by the artistic staff of the North Carolina Boys Choir and the North Carolina Girls Choir.
- We will have fun, sing as a group and learn some singing techniques during this choral fundamentals workshop.
- Face coverings/masks are required at the workshop for all participating children. Bring your own mask please, but we will have extra masks and hand sanitizers at the site as well.
- Our artistic staff is fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Parents, you are required to screen your children for any COVID-19 symptoms in the morning of August 27. Your child’s participation in this workshop confirms that you screened your child for any sick symptoms, and that the child does not exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms at the time of the workshop. It also confirms that your child has not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 5 days of the workshop’s date.
- Attendance at the event is limited. Pre-registration is required. Please, register for the workshop by filling out the pre-registration form above. We will reach out closer to the date of the workshop with confirmation and additional information about our choir ensembles and logistics of this free fun event.
SING WITH US!