NEW CHORISTER ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Prospective choristers and their families, please consider joining us!
At the beginning of a new year, we look forward to welcoming new singers to one of our well-established choirs. The choir NCBC lineup features beginner and advanced choral ensembles. This year, we will hold virtual/online and live meetings or “informal auditions” in January and February 2022.
Beginning and advanced singers (7-14 years old) are welcome to audition for one of our choirs.
No prior singing experience is required to join one of our choirs, as our choral arts organization features three flagship children’s choirs: a training choir for beginning boys and girls, an advanced boys choir and a separate advanced girls choir. Placement into an appropriate choir for each child will be determined at your individual audition.
If your child, preteen or teen expresses an interest in singing and would like to work on growing as a singer while having fun and making friends with peers, please contact us by filling out the form below.
All live auditions or “virtual meet-and-greet sessions” are set up as individual, one-on-one meetings with our Music Director. They are short, relaxed, low-pressure and informal, so do not hesitate to reach out to schedule a meeting either live or via Zoom. We would love to meet you and your child, and discuss all singing opportunities one of our choirs may have to offer for your family.
Fill out the form below or email us at INFO@NCBOYSCHOIR.ORG to schedule this informal meeting. Once you reached out to us by filling the form above or emailing us, we will get back to you shortly to arrange a virtual or live meeting.
**No prior music or singing experience is required for enrollment in our beginning choir. We work to develop voices and musical know-how over the years. Additionally, we keep the size of that choir small to bring out your child’s natural singing talent in a small group and to help with any natural timid demeanor.
** Offers to join an advanced choir are based on a combination of music background, experience and age of the auditioning singer.
SPRING 2022 SEMESTER PLAN:
Our Spring 2022 Semester is likely to feature in-person choral rehearsals, live performance or performances and/or virtual recording projects. Live rehearsals will be held in Chapel Hill.
We are able and ready to switch over to virtual format of rehearsals, if COVID-19 conditions in Chapel Hill and the surrounding area will so require.
One of the choir’s primary goals is to keep choristers, staff, and their families as safe as possible under the current circumstances. Students will remain in their respective choir for in-person rehearsals. Any materials (hard copies) will be distributed safely. The choristers will keep their own music folder.
Face coverings/masks are required at live rehearsals for all rehearsal participants at this time.
We ask parents to screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms before each rehearsal for all choristers’ and staff’s safety.
Should the public health situation in North Carolina change, we plan to review and modify this plan accordingly.
- Our Music Director has over 40 years of experience conducting leading girls choirs and boys choirs throughout the United States.
- Our Associate Music Director and Lead Accompanist has over 20 years of experience and is an accomplished, in-demand organist, pianist and vocal coach in the State.
- Our Associate Accompanist is a University Music Instructor with over 15 years of college-level music teaching experience.
- Live rehearsals (masked and distanced) are available during Spring 2022 Semester.
- We are ready and able to seamlessly and quickly switch over to virtual rehearsals or hybrid rehearsals if pandemic conditions in our local area would so require.
- The size of our choirs is deliberately small, so children receive a good amount of individual attention from conductors.
- While we conduct a separate advanced boys choir and advanced girls choir, our choirs have many opportunities to collaborate with each other and expand their respective performance ranges on certain music selections.
- Our choristers benefit from learning virtual choir and recording skills, in addition to traditional choral rehearsals.
- We engage in a wide variety of touring, performing and camping opportunities (these are currently subject to modifications due to COVID-19).
- Need-based scholarships are available.
- We provide an overall incredible quality and value in music education.