We are happy to announce the opening of 2019-2020 choral season with a splash – our free half-day music camp and choral workshop on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
Our North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir Half-Day Camp and Music Workshop is open to public (all children in our community between 7 and 14 years of age).
- Saturday, August 24, 2019; 9 AM – 12 Noon (Free)
- 1712 Willow Dr., Chapel Hill NC 27514. (Corner of 15-501 and Willow Dr.) We rent a spacious and light-filled acoustic space at the Fellowship Hall at Binkley Memorial Baptist Church for the Choirs’ rehearsals and camps.
The camp requirements are simple:
- Open to all Triangle area boys and girls (7-14 years old).
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classic vocal and performance techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music!
- We have professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities planned for each day.
- Schedule for this Half-Day Camp and Workshop can be found by clicking here — Aug 24 Workshop Schedule.
- Day Camp’s Duration is from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Snacks and Water are provided to all camp participants at no cost.
- The added bonus is that participation in one of our day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition! We listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. In our experience, this camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
- Please, fill out a short pre-registration form for August 24 music day camp below, so we could make appropriate logistical arrangements for our campers.
- A slightly longer registration paperwork will be available at check-in on August 24, and in the email correspondence we will send you shortly before the start of the August 24 camp. We, at the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir, look forward to seeing you soon!