We are happy to announce the opening of 2019-2020 choral season with a splash – our free half-day music camp and choral workshop on:
- Saturday, September 28, 2019.
Our North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir half-day camp and workshop is open to public (all children in our community between 7 and 13 years of age).
- Saturday, September 28, 2019; 9 AM – 12 Noon
- 1712 Willow Dr., Chapel Hill NC 27514. (Corner of 15-501 and Willow Dr. at Binkley Baptist Church).
- NCBC September workshop will be held at our usual rehearsal space at the Fellowship Hall.
The camp requirements are simple:
- Open to all Triangle area boys and girls (7-13 years old).
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classical vocal techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music.
- We have professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities planned for each day. The camp and workshop will be led by the experienced choir staff.
- Schedule for the recently completed August 2019 Half-Day Camp and Workshop can be found by clicking here — Aug 24 Workshop Schedule. The September schedule will resemble the schedule for the August workshop, and will be published here shortly.
- Day Camp Duration is from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Snacks and Water are provided to all camp participants at no cost.
- The added bonus: participation in one of our half-day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition. We are always on a lookout for talented boys and girls! We listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low-key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. In our experience, this camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
- Please, fill out a short pre-registration form for September 28 camp and workshop below, so we could make appropriate logistical arrangements for our campers.
- A slightly longer registration paperwork will be available at check-in on September 28, and in the email correspondence we will send you shortly before the start of the camp.
- We, at the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir, look forward to seeing you soon!