THE NORTH CAROLINA BOYS CHOIR
THE NORTH CAROLINA GIRLS CHOIR
Dedicated to musical excellence for over 40 years!
NORTH CAROLINA BOYS CHOIR AND NORTH CAROLINA GIRLS CHOIR IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE JAN/FEB 2019 AUDITIONS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS.
NCBC AUDITIONS ARE LOW KEY AND NON-INTIMIDATING. THE CHOIR DIRECTORS AND THE BOARD LEADERSHIP ARE ALL PARENTS, SO WE UNDERSTAND. NO ADVANCE PREPARATION IS REQUIRED. FOR BEGINNERS, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BASIC MUSIC ABILITY, AND WILL TEACH YOUR CHILD THE REST IN THE TRAINING CHOIR UPON ACCEPTANCE.
For boys and girls who love to sing!
The North Carolina Boys Choir and The North Carolina Girls Choir are arts organizations for boys and girls between the ages of seven and eighteen. They perform in concerts throughout the area and take part in wider opportunities with other choirs. As the girls and boys advance within the choir, they study progressively more challenging music, are provided with educational opportunities; and travel locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad for performances.
More than just a choir . . .
The North Carolina Boys Choir and the North Carolina Girls Choir educate and train girls and boys in the art of performing the finest music in the choral tradition. Through musical training and choral experiences, the girls and boys develop an appreciation of a wide range of choral literature. They gain self-confidence and poise, develop leadership and teamwork skills, and acquire self-discipline and self-respect. They bond with other girls and boys who share their love of music.
How to join . . .
Mark your calendars. January/February 2019 Auditions will be held:
- Saturdays, January 12, January 26 and February 2, at 9 AM – 11 AM;
- Mondays, January 14, January 28 and February 4, at 6 PM – 7 PM;
- Saturday, January 26, 2019, at 9 AM – 2 PM. That day is the NCBC Free Music Day Camp. The Camp is open to all local kids (7-14 years of age). It is completely free, and serves as an informal audition. Please, pre-register for the camp at https://ncboyschoir.org/2018/12/03/january-26-2019-free-music-day-camp/
Open auditions and camp are all held in the Fellowship Hall at Binkley Memorial Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. (The corner of Willow Drive and 15/501)
- At the auditions, girls and boys and their parents will have an opportunity to observe rehearsals. January and February audition dates listed above are open to public. This is a drop-in/walk-in process, and no advanced notice is required.
- No formal preparation of singing material or prior singing experience is required. A simple pitch, tone, rhythm check will be done by one of our Choir Directors.
- For our training choir, we are looking for boys and girls with a pleasant singing voice, interest in music, and a basic music ability.
If you feel that your child is more comfortable to audition in a one-to-one setting, or if you missed one of our formal audition dates, please contact the Choir Director Robert E. Unger, or Associate Choir Director, David Cole, to arrange for an individual audition.
Contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.