January 26, 2019 North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir Day Camp is open to public (all children in our community between 7 and 14 years of age).
- Saturday, January 26, 2019; 9 AM – 2 PM (Free)
- 1712 Willow Dr., Chapel Hill NC 27514. (Corner of 15-501 and Willow Dr.) We rent a spacious, light-filled acoustic space at the Fellowship Hall at Binkley Memorial Baptist Church for the Choirs’ rehearsals and camps.
The requirements are simple:
- Open to all Triangle area boys and girls (7-14 years old).
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classic vocal and performance techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music!
- We have professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities planned for each day.
- Day Camp’s Duration is from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
- Snacks, Lunch and Water are provided to all camp participants at no cost.
- The added bonus is that participation in one of our day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition! We listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. In our experience, this camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
- Please, fill out a short pre-registration form for January 26 music day camp below, so we could make appropriate logistical arrangements for our campers.
- A slightly longer registration paperwork will be available at check-in on January 26, and in the email correspondence we will send you shortly before the start of the January 26 camp. We, at the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir, look forward to seeing you soon!