January 26, 2019 North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir Day Camps are open to public (all children in our community between 7 and 14 years of age).
- Saturday, January 26, 2019; 9 AM – 2 PM (Free)
- 1712 Willow Dr., Chapel Hill NC 27514. (Corner of 15-501 and Willow Dr.) We rent the nice, light-filled acoustic space at the Fellowship Hall at Binkley Memorial Baptist Church for the Choirs’ rehearsals and camps. (NCBC is an independent non-profit arts organization, and is not affiliated with the Binkley Church.)
The requirements are simple:
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classic vocal and performance techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music!
- We have professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities planned for each day.
- Snacks, Lunch and Water are provided to all camp participants.
- The added bonus is that participation in one of our day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition! We listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. In our experience, this camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
Please, fill out a short pre-registration form for January 26 music day camp below, so we could make appropriate logistical arrangements for our campers. A slightly longer registration form will be available at check-in on January 26, and/or in the email we will send you shortly before the start of January camp. We at the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir look forward to seeing you soon!